Tuesday, August 13, 2013

BAKED OATMEAL CUPS

These are great for so many reasons - they are healthy, freeze well, serve as a quick snack or breakfast on the go and Ellis gobbles them up! Yup, just a win all around. I cannot take any credit for these delicious oatmeal cupcake-like bits of goodness. I got the recipe from Sugar-Free Mom. I can only take credit for the lovely pictures. :)


Ingredients
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups applesauce, unsweetened
1 banana, mashed
½ cup honey
5 cups, Old Fashioned rolled oats
¼ cup flaxseed meal
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
3 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2¾ cups milk (I used 1%)
Optional toppings: raisins, walnuts, chocolate chips, blueberries, craisins, etc.

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix eggs, vanilla, applesauce, banana and honey together in a bowl.
Add in oats, flax, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and mix well with wet ingredients.
Finally pour in milk and combine.
Spray two 12 capacity muffin tins with cooking spray or use cupcake liners. Pour mixture evenly into muffin tin cups.
If using toppings, add them onto the tops of muffins now. If using fresh or frozen fruit, drop it right into the batter. (I mixed mini chocolate chips into the batter and topped with walnut pieces)
Bake 30 minutes until a toothpick in center comes out clean.

Cool and enjoy or freeze them in gallon freezer bags or tupperware.
To enjoy after freezing pop them in the microwave for about 45 seconds.

(makes 24 servings)


I freeze mine is tupperware containers and pull them out as needed.
They are pictured here with my blueberry bran muffins. I tend to do my baking all in one day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment